Friday 14 June 2013

Kate Spain Blog Hog - How exciting


Oh my word - a blog hop about Kate Spain - now, until last year I didn't realise that fabric came in collections, I knew they made some with similar colours and all so that they matched etc etc, so you could make quilts with similar colours, but as I'd always made scrap quilts it didn't really matter to me - until I got shown the Cuzco range in jelly rolls, charm packs and layer cakes - I was really excited by it and so far it's still the only collection that I can honestly say 'I LOVE' and have actively gone looking for, I usually just look at a website or in a shop and see what I like, but not for this.
Last night I was looking over a pattern I'd printed off from the Moda bakeshop - it's a pattern for a little girls dress and blow me down it was Kate Spain's Good fortune collection - so now I'm going to have to go and source some of that...

I am really happy to link up my 'as yet to be finished' scrappy trip around the world - I'm undecided about how to finish it yet, maybe make it larger and bind it or put a border on with a charm pack... decisions - it will come to me.



This is a little bag I made with a few of the leftover strips from the jelly roll.



 
 And this is what arrived in the post this morning ready to start making a quilt for my friends wedding in September, he likes blues and she likes purples and lilacs - so I think I've got it covered.  Very, very excited person here!!





Kate Spain blog hop

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful makes! I love your scrappy trip. I'll look forward to seeing how you finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuzco is my favourite too! Such amazing, saturated colours. Good luck finding Good Fortune yardage - it's starting to get hard to find!

    ReplyDelete