Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Table topper with pockets

I needed another table topper so decided to make a scrappy one.
I sewed a load of strips of various sizes together,  then chopped them into lines of square'ish patches, then sewed those together.  I then added a couple of strips in the opposite direction to make it longer.
Then I added some pieces on the side for two other pockets. I quilted it with stippling, made some pockets and attached those and then put binding all around... While doing that I found out you can't (or I can't) do inny corners in a continuous binding, so there was a lot of stopping and starting.

All in all I'm very pleased with it. 

1 comment:

  1. This is great. The pockets are such a clever idea :)

    ReplyDelete