Saturday 7 June 2014

Ticker tape elephant wall hanging

I saw this pattern in a magazine called love scrap quilts, the original was in a mixture of blues greens creams and other pale colours.

I wanted to do mine in black and white and i'm really pleased with it, other than the fact I got a bit of hair dye on it.

I used a mother of pearl buttons for the eye, and I have just realised I forgot the quilting part of it. Oh well! It's finished now so it won't be quilted.

I think I did it in a bit of a weird way, I took a photograph of the picture in the magazine, then traced it on to grease proof paper, twice, one of which I used to sew the outline onto the fabric sandwich, the other I filled in with the little pieces placement and use that cutting that and the fabric out at the same time.



4 comments:

  1. Great project! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. I'm not into elephants but it gives me ideas for other pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is fantastic!! I love elephants, I love the color scheme and the overall aesthetic...wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete