Thursday, 11 April 2013

Dress for my God-daughter

The colours in the picture really don't do it justice, but then again I am no photographer. It's a beautiful cerise batik with orange butterflies. I made the little flower on the front of the dress by sewing a tube, then doing a large running stick along one edge, gathering it up and securing it with a covered button.
The dress was done after I saw a picture in a book, I made up a pattern on grease proof paper, measured it and it came out in a size that would have fitted a 9 year old, my God-daughter is 3.... so I took it in a little :o)

Also since I took this picture, I have taken the pocket off as it seemed to make it pull on the dress - now all we need is a little warm weather so she'll be able to wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment