I made a scrappy log cabin quilt last year, from a book Quilt in a Day, I wanted to see if I could do it - I couldn't, it took me the best part of a week of evenings.
Anyhoo, I want to finish all my PhD's and came up with an idea for the back in a flash of inspiration and I'm calling it windows to the log cabins.
These are my windows so far, I think I have a few more to do as the quilt top is 6' x 6'. I am just at the stage of playing around with the layout, which is a bit weird in itself, as I don't spend that much time on the front of a quilt.
I have sewn a few together but there is still lots of playing around to do to make them all fit with the addition of a few strips etc.
The above are the bits I've sewn together so far.
I'm also working on a wall hanging for my church, there are a few of us ladies involved and this is where we've got to so far. We're just playing with layouts at the moment and there will be some words to sew on as well.
I love how bright the colours are, I think it will look lovely once it's hanging up. We've been asked to do about ten...