Thursday 2 January 2014

First post of 2014

Happy New Year to everyone, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas.
I had a nice few days off and with the weather being so rubbish, I stayed in and sewed and I made this in three days.


It has a real antique'y' feel to it and I got to try out some different quilting. I quilted in each of the triangles, did a rose (of sorts) in each of the inner corner stones and leaves all around the cream border - and I have to say I am very pleased with the leaves, especially as if I want to have hearts instead, I just turn it the other way around - bonus!!
(Excuse my slipper in the picture) This is just before quilting and binding - with a scrappy binding of all the colours in the quilt.

This one will be going to my aunt in Wales, as she liked my Nanna's one so much. 




I've now embarked on another quilt, quite an ambitious one, in the number of pieces and the fact it's got tiny triangles and stars etc, so I spent a lovely quiet day cutting up the fabric and the next day I managed to sew 10 large stars, only another 33 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment